Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Catch Up

February has been a busy month and since it's about to end, I thought I had better give an update on what we have been doing. We haven't had very much snow in Boston, although it seems like everywhere south of us has been getting pounded. It's nice not to have to deal with the weather, but the scenery is much uglier without a blanket of snow.

I had my first celebrity spotting ever this month. The occasion was Harvard's Hasty Pudding Society's parade for their woman of the year. The Hasty Pudding Society, so far as I understand it, is a group of guys who cross-dress for their strange events. Hmmm. Anyway, I was walking home from the T (the subway) and saw policemen blocking of the street one block before ours. It turns out the parade was about to start, so I went home to get my camera and got a front row seat for the very start of the parade. Scroll on to see who the woman of the year was!

A few of the lovely ladies

Anne Hathaway!

Also this month was the Harvard LDSSA retreat in the Berkshires, which is an area of western Massachusetts. A member of the stake presidency has a home out there so everyone stayed there. Their house is huge and beautiful, with a pool, hot tub, ping-pong table, trampoline, tennis court and lots of backyard space. We had a good time and Loren was able to play board games the whole weekend, so that kept him happy.

A view from the backyard

And finally, Sophie is growing and getting busier every day. She can now climb on the couch, chairs, etc all by herself and has already fallen off several times. She likes to put mommy or daddy's gloves on her hands.

Crab hands!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie looks so cute! Reminds me of when her Daddy did the same thing...

    ReplyDelete