Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life is full of surprises

Two amazing things happened yesterday:

1. Sophie let me rock her to sleep for a nap. That has not happened in months because we have trained her to fall asleep on her own in the crib, plus she is usually way too fidgety to sit still on anyone's lap. I felt very proud and happy that she let me cuddle her and put her to sleep. This is a more typical view of Sophie:


2. I ironed the big pile of wrinkly clothes that was in our closet. I rarely, bordering on never, iron. That's mostly because I'm too lazy, not because I enjoy wearing wrinkled clothes. Loren was very impressed.

Oh and also I lost my voice. Right now I am reduced to whispering and Loren keeps telling me not to talk at all (because he hates the way I sound). Now would be a bad time to call me on the phone. This is also surprising because I don't think I have ever lost my voice like this.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I laughed all the way through this post. I hope you get your voice back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute pic...my sis used to sleep like that when she was sophie's age...cute lil baby bum in the air lol. sorry you lost your voice..loren is right, the less u talk the better you have to having it come back sooner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuuuuute! Sophie is adorable! You are adorable! I'm so glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - I'm glad you found the humor
    Maryn - I love you too

    ReplyDelete