Friday, June 17, 2011

Easter Happenings

Here I am again, planning another catch-up post. But since I last wrote I've been pretty busy, what with graduating from college and all. Cum laude. With honors. But I digress. My wonderful cousin took my "official" graduation pictures and since I haven't seen them yet, I thought I would pass the time by trying to get the blog up to speed. Again.

We ended up having a pretty eventful Easter, thanks to two egg hunts, plus Easter Sunday itself. The festivities kicked off with an egg hung put on by our church playgroup. The weather was a little chilly, but Sophie had a great time. I present Easter Egg Hunt #1: A Series


Sophie is sad. Why?

Because she doesn't have any eggs, obviously.

She did cheer up enough to pose for a lovely spring picture.

Let the hunting begin!

The second egg hunt was put on by our friends, the Gentry's. The weather didn't cooperate this time either. The hunt was scheduled to be outside, but since it was raining all the kids got to run around Christian and Laci's house! And let me tell you, they did not skimp on the prizes. The eggs were crammed full of yummy candy, plus they had pencils and bubbles for the kids to find, plus super delicious cookies for everyone.

Sophie and the host, yukking it up for the camera. Ignore me in the background.

Waiting while the Easter bunny finished his preparations outside the room. Sophie is showing off her new camera smile, in which she scrunches up her face and puts on a big smile.

Posing with her basket.

Sophie took over Berkeley's chair to enjoy her spoils.

I saved the best picture for last...


Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. What a cheese! She is a silly girl.

    And congrats on your very excellent graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha sounds like a great Easter! So we decided we don't see enough of you guys. Now that you're graduated we should do something soon!

    ReplyDelete