Sunday, June 26, 2011

Last Days (at Wellesley)

As I'm sure you can imagine, my last few weeks at Wellesley were filled with end-of-year and end-of-college activities. I'm not sure if I got the events in chronological order, but here's a run-down of the highlights. First up, hoop rolling. This is an annual tradition at Wellesley where the seniors race across part of campus while rolling hoops. The winner gets thrown into the lake, but is supposed to be the first to achieve her dreams. Through a series of miscommunications I didn't end up with my own hoop, but my good friend Cyndhia let me share hers. And let's face it, I was carrying Sophie so I didn't have a chance of winning anyway.

The leaders coming down the hill.

Can you spot Sophie and I?

Struggling to get a family picture. "Don't pull Daddy's hair, Sophie!"

My friend, Amy, and I. She's from Utah, just like me!

Sophie loved being by the lake.

Making the Olympic rings with friends Anagha, Dora, Kimberley, me, Kate and Cyndhia.

Maybe someday Sophie will participate in hoop rolling as a student?

On the last day of classes there was step-singing, a bbq and a concert. Step-singing is also a Wellesley tradition where everyone gathers to sing together, but each class also has it's own cheer and taunts the other classes. Here is some of the gathering.


Cyndhia and I. The seniors actually get to stand on the steps, while the other classes are below them.

Afterward we went to check out the Senior prank decorations in the History department. Lincoln is thinking, "History has been good to me" while adorned in yellow accessories, my class color.

Then there was the Matt and Kim concert, where Gina was rocking out. They were really good, but so loud!


Me with Cyndhia, Kimberley and Nandita at the concert.

Finally, Loren and I went to Senior Gala, which was one of the events of Senior Week, after everyone else had left campus. It was at a restaurant on the waterfront.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Erica! So proud of you -- and love all of the festivity photos. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete