Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mommy-Daughter Date

Today was our big moving day and since we packed up the computer, I scheduled this post.  I know, it is high-tech.  Hopefully everything went well with the move!  On to the subject of this post...  One Saturday we decided to go as a family to see The Lorax at the movie theater.  It was only playing at the theater off Boston Common and it was only in 3-D, so that's what we did.  There was a tense moment during the previews when I thought Sophie was going to refuse to wear her 3-D glasses, but thankfully it passed and we all enjoyed the show.  It was everyone's first 3-D movie and it was cool, but I think the consensus was that in general, it's not worth spending the extra money.  Afterward Loren had to go back home and study (lame) so Sophie and I spent some time wandering around Boston Common and the Public Gardens.  Well, I wandered and she scootered.  It was a lovely spring day and I had a great time sightseeing and spending some special time with my daughter.

In front of the tombstone of artist Gilbert Stuart
Sophie for scale in a graveyard in Boston Common

I love these old tombstones and the elongated "s"

View of the Hancock Tower from the Public Gardens
 

Yes, I was usually too lazy to take off Sophie's helmet before I took a picture
An unusual monument celebrating the discovery that using ether helps relieve pain during medical proceduresIt was first used at Mass General Hospital
 

I love these pictures in the tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment