Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Scooter Girl

After seeing Sophie play with her cousin's scooters in New York (which I will post about... someday), I decided she needed one for herself.  She had picked up the technique so quickly that I knew she wouldn't have too many accidents, plus I figured a scooter would be easier to carry up and down our stairs than a stroller would be.  Also, I may have secretly hoped that outings where Sophie rode her scooter would wear her out more than just sitting in the stroller.  Sounds logical, right?

Loren and I decided to get Sophie the scooter, but not tell her and have it be a fun surprise.  After agonizing a little longer than was necessary about the color choice (we picked green), we ordered it and waited for the big reveal.  Sophie was surprised and now loves her scooter!  She knows the safety rules about riding it and I'm happy we have something fun for her to do in our new neighborhood in Boise.

What could be in the box?
 

Surprise, your very own scooter!  I think she likes it.
 

Riding around the neighborhood.  This mural is on the side of the local florist's shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment