Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sophie's Summer Activities

Hello devoted blog readers,

My husband recently complained that my blog is too much like a Flikr account, i.e. it's just a collection of pictures without any "deep thoughts." That point is well taken, but I have to catch all of you up on semi-recent happenings first and then I will spend more time pontificating. Since I'm not in school this summer, I have had a lot more time to spend with Sophie and we have been able to attend all the activities we had to miss during the school year. Here are some of the things we have been doing:

Strawberry Picking at a farm with our church playgroup





Spending a Saturday afternoon on the Boston Common, riding the Swan Boats



In case Sophie's face didn't give it away, she did not like the Swan Boats. That's mostly because she doesn't like sitting still, something that is obviously necessary while on a boat.

Playing in the water with the playgroup



Sophie had kind of a hard time with the fountains. As long as the water didn't shoot too high she was fine, but whenever it did she got trapped in the middle and ran out crying with her hands up.

The park had an awesome teeter-totter!

Let me know if you agree with Loren's opinion and if I need more thoughts to balance out all the pictures.

4 comments:

  1. I love all the adorable pictures you post! Pictures say more than enough :D
    On a side note...I can't believe how big Sophie is! She looks so much like you too, she's so adorable! It looks like you're having such a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya don't listen to Loren - he is crazy anyway. Just keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of you and Sophie, but I like reading your thoughts too. So you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Erica! I love your blog! I need to remind myself to take time to look at people's blogs- I don't do it enough! And Sophie is as precious as ever! Loren is crazy, but I think we must be related, because my blogs turn out to be a bunch of mushy thoughts and Sherilyn-esque weirdness, so I personally like how you do it :) It comes off so much more sophisticated (no pun intended) and wonderful to read! Anyway, I love you! I sure wish I could see you more often! Tell Loren and Sophie I love them too! :) And keep blogging!
    Love, Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete