Monday, August 23, 2010

Independence Day

The Fourth of July was over a month ago, so I really shouldn't care about posting this, but I am determined to record important events chronologically on my blog, even when I'm very slow about updating it. It was really cool to be able to celebrate Independence Day in Boston, the city where the idea that became America began. We went to the celebration along the Charles River and stayed on the Cambridge side. The official party is on the Boston side, but they broadcast the musical program so it doesn't really matter. Sophie managed to stay up and not be too grumpy until the fireworks finally started. The show was really good and I was definitely happy we went. That happiness evaporated a little bit when it took us an hour to drive the two miles back to our apartment. Sometimes... it would be good to have bikes for the whole family.



Sophie's Fourth of July dress

Beautiful shots of the Boston skyline:

The tall building is the Prudential Center, known to us locals as the Pru

My happy, oh so photogenic family


I was proud of myself for using the fireworks setting on my camera

2 comments:

  1. We watched the Boston Fireworks on TV and they looked great! I hope you had a fun time with your cute little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I was on the Boston side but I heard the view was better from the cambridge side because you could see boston in the background. and i love your happy oh so photogenic family :)

    ReplyDelete