Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Vacation

Clearly I am not good at coming up with catchy titles. This post is about our vacation to Ocean City, New Jersey and since my sister-in-law already claimed "Jersey Shore" as a title, I am left with only boring title options. Don't worry, for the most part our trip did not resemble the popular MTV reality show and mostly consisted of hanging out at the beach. This summer I have come to the realization that I'm actually not much of a beach person, as in going to the beach and hanging out isn't my idea of the best time ever. I say this not to rag on the trip in any way, because we all had a really fun time, thanks in large part to the planning of Loren's brother, Boyd, and his wife Emily. All of Loren's family was there except one brother (we missed you Seth!) I think Sophie had a good time hanging out with her cousins and she got plenty of attention from cousins, aunts and uncles alike. She is, however, soon to be replaced as the youngest grandchild on Loren's side of the family so I guess she should enjoy it while she can. Besides going to the beach, playing in the sand and swimming, we went on an ill-fated crabbing expedition, played games and strolled on the boardwalk. Here are the pictures!

Bekah made an amazing Humpty Dumpty pinata from scratch!

The cousins! My favorite features of this picture are Lincoln kissing Eli on the far left and sweet JJ holding Sophie on the right

Everyone got a swing at the pinata, even Sophie. I think she was a little too excited about the bat

The booty


It took Sophie a long time the first day to warm up to the water and the sand. She doesn't like to get stuff on her and as everyone knows, sand is the worst

The two youngest girls


Can you see why Loren is a popular uncle?

That's my girl, nice and ladylike

2 comments:

  1. No matter what Loren says, your blog is cute and funny, and it therefore does not need to be incredibly deep. I especially liked your caption on the last picture of Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. It makes me so happy to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete