Monday, April 9, 2012

Holiday Races

We just got back from a wonderful trip to New York City where we stayed with Loren's brother and his family, whom we love very much, plus, my parents and sister came for her Spring Break, so we got to hit both sides of the family, which doesn't happen very often due to geography.  But...  I have a few more backlogged posts I want to do first, so you'll have to wait to hear all the juicy details.

After running multiple races last fall, I took a break and just ran for fun.  (Let's be honest, even when I do run a race it's still just for fun, because I am by no means good enough to be a competitive runner)  Then February rolled around and I didn't want to break my two-year streak of running the Bradford Valentine's Race, so it was off to the races once more.  This year Loren and Sophie couldn't come, but I ran behind with my friends Colin and Ariel.  I ran the 5 mile race in 43:00, which I was reasonably happy with.

Ariel and I after the race.  As you can see, there was zero snow.


In March I decided to try a new race for St. Patrick's Day.  It was a 4 miler in Norwell, which is south of Boston.  The weather was lovely and cool, the course was hilly and lush and this time Loren and Sophie came!

Sophie remembered that she had cowbells from last year's Boston Marathon, so she rang them to her heart's content to cheer on the runners!

Action shot - that's me in the green, ha ha.  And yes, I passed that woman just before the finish line

It was hosted by a tavern (of course, it's St. Patrick's Day)
 We all had a good time and my time was 33:40, which I was very happy with.  However, Loren has forbidden me from participating in any more races before we move (because of the time factor) so I guess that just leaves cheering at the Boston Marathon next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment